We will send you messages and communicate to you in English whenever possible. Due to limited translation resources you will also receive communication in Finnish, because we don’t want you to miss out on any of the Association’s activities due to your language preference. You are always welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with translating details of a message from us or our partners.
The Alumni Association communicates about current activities mainly via e-mail. Our emails are concise and planned so that you can see already from the headline if the content interests you.
Invitations to events and activities are sent primarily based on the choices of interests made by the members. For example, members who are interested in “Alumni products and offers” receive notifications about membership benefits and members who have chosen “Alumni Travels” receive notifications about upcoming alumni travel programs. In order to get all the messages that interest you and to avoid messages you don’t want, we recommend that you keep your areas of interest up to date in the member register.
The areas of interest are:
- Academic events, such as lectures and seminars
- Cultural events, such as reading group meetings and cultural evenings
- Events related to the University, such as the opening of the academic year and campus tours
- Festivities, leisure and networking
- Events related to employment and careers as well as training
- Events related to societal issues
- Events for the whole family
- Alumni travel opportunities
- Alumni products and offers
- Blog posts, videos and podcasts shared by the Association
- Academic volunteer work within the Association
You can also let us know that you are interested in the following:
- Acting as a mentor
- Acting as a mentor in the writing process of a thesis
- Answering students’ interview questions on working life issues
- Talking about my job or field at my faculty’s working life course of taking part in a panel discussion
- Talking at various events about my experiences as a student
- Hosting a student/alumni visit to my workplace
- Hiring a trainee or Master’s thesis writer
- Participating in the development of alumni activities in my field
- Acting as an expert for the benefit of the University or alumni activities
- Participatingg. as an advisor in the University’s projects on the commercialisation of research findings
How to edit your interests
You can easily edit your interests by ordering a personal member link at www.alumniyhdistys.fi/paivitayhteystietosi. If you are unable to update your information with the link, you can always contact our office.
When you have received the personal link, go to the Interests tab and edit your information under the heading As a member I am interested in. After this, proceed to the Confirmation tab and press Save/Continue. If you leave your interests blank, you will only receive a few general messages from us every year.
ELECTRONIC MEMBERSHIP CARD
The electronic membership card is available for download to all alumni after payment of the annual membership fee. After payment through the personal register link, you will be automatically guided to download the membership card. The electronic card is stored as an icon on the home screen of your mobile phone.
The electronic membership card is a handy way of verifying your membership and making use of membership benefits when making purchases from UniCafé, UniSport, Gaudeamus and other partners. The card always stays with you on your mobile phone, with content that is continuously updated.
It is advisable to check the membership card every now and then, since it does not inform you automatically about new updatest hrough push notifications
CONVENTIONS, EVENTS AND OTHER MEDIA
The Alumni Association makes appearances at conferences for various fields, in publications and mailings by membership benefit partners, publications, and other media, as well as at events and collaboration projects organised by the University and its faculties. Do you know of an event we should attend? Send us an email at email@example.com
LINKEDIN GROUP FOR MEMBERS
The closed LinkedIn group of the Association is for work and career related discussions. Group members offer each other and students employment and traineeship opportunities, as well as career mentoring. The Alumni Ambassador program provides guidance and advice on job hunting. All members of the Alumni Association will be admitted to the group. At the moment, there are more than 1100 professionals from various fields in the group.