Become a member
The University of Helsinki Alumni Association is an independent and active community for all those who leave the University but for whom the University never leaves. All former and current students and employees of the University of Helsinki can become members of the Alumni Association.
The Alumni Association offers you
- A unique academic community where you can stay connected to the University, regain contact with old friends and forge new bonds with other alumni.
- More than 50 events per year, including scientific lectures, cultural events, trips, celebrations, career events and joint events with the University.
- Diverse benefits and discounts e.g. on concert and theatre tickets, magazines, books, lunches and sports services.
As a member, you get a chance to
- Support the activities of the University and influence the development of the university community. Already by joining as a member, you support our work for the good of the University and students!
- Volunteer and help e.g. students’ employment possibilities with a small amount of work.
- Actively influence the Alumni Association’s own activities and future.
The easiest way to become a member of the Alumni Association is by filling in the registration form online, but if you wish, you can always contact our office about becoming a member (tel. +358 50 4484120, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). You can find more information about the different membership types below.
The membership types for the Alumni Association are one year membership, three year membership and lifetime membership. Two alumni sharing the same household can purchase a joint couple membership. Starting 1 November 2022, the membership fees apply for the calendar year 2023 and include membership for the rest of the year 2022. If you have graduated less than two years ago or are still a student at the University of Helsinki, you qualify as Freshmen Alumni.
When you become a member and pay the membership fee, you can also:
- Order a printed subscription of Yliopisto magazine to your home at a discount price of 30 €/year (normally 45 €). The subscription is paid together with the membership fee. The first issue of the year is mailed to all members regardless of subscription. Freshmen Alumni membership does not include a printed magazine.
- Join one or more independent alumni groups, who represent different disciplines or interests. Some groups have their own membership fee – in which case you can pay it together with the Alumni Association’s membership fee.
Three year membership (2023-2025)
One year membership 2023
ONE YEAR MEMBERSHIP
If you wish to pay your membership fee annually, the membership fee for a one year membership is 39 € (or 69 € with a printed subcription of Yliopisto magazine). The membership fee applies for the calendar year 2023 and includes membership for the rest of the year 2022.
THREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP
Two alumni sharing the same household can purchase a joint membership. The joint membership fee for one year is 59 € (or 89 € with a printed subscription of Yliopisto Magazine). The membership fee applies for the calendar year 2023 and includes membership for the rest of the year 2022. Both alumni will have a personal membership, but only one copy of Yliopisto magazine and the member newsletter will be sent to the household.
Three year couple membership
The joint membership fee for three years is 177 € (or 267 € with a printed subscription of Yliopisto Magazine). The membership fee applies for the calendar years 2023-2025 and includes membership for the rest of the year 2022. Both alumni will have a personal membership, but only one copy of Yliopisto magazine and the member newsletter will be sent to the household.
Fore more information about the couple membership, please call the Alumni Association’s office.
The Freshmen Alumni membership is designed for current students or recent graduates. Those who have graduated or completed their studies less than two years ago, as well as all current students of the University of Helsinki, qualify as Freshmen Alumni. The membership fee for Freshmen Alumni is 20 €/calendar year. The membership fee applies for the calendar year 2023 and includes membership for the rest of the year 2022.
The Association offers services tailored to Freshmen Alumni to support them in finding employment and networking with potential employers. Freshmen Alumni also receive an additional discount on the UniSport season pass and other services.
Your time as a student at the University of Helsinki may have ended or is coming to an end, but your time as an alumnus or alumna has just begun and will continue for the rest of your life!
The Alumni Association lifetime membership is valid for the rest of your life. A lifetime membership equals the price of 13 one year memberships. By choosing to become a lifetime member, you take care of the membership fees once and for all and get special invitations during the year.
As a lifetime member you support the solvency of the Association and the future of the alumni activities. To preserve the financial value of lifetime memberships, all lifetime membership fees have been set aside in a fund. The fund’s proceeds will cover the annual expenses for lifetime member services, including annual inflation.
Fore more information about the lifetime membership, please call the Alumni Association’s office.